Lemon Marshmallow Pie
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or frozen whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker pie shell
- 1 ½ cups lemon flesh, chopped and drained (10 lemons)
- 8 ounces mini-marshmallows
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces lemon Jell-O
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Remove the frozen whipped topping from the freezer to soften.
- Peel the lemons, removing as much of the white portion (pith) of the peel as possible. Cut along each membrane and remove the lemon segments. Place the segments in a sieve to drain. Remove any seeds and remaining membrane. Catch the lemon juice to use in the recipe.
- Chop the lemon into small pieces and return to the sieve. Press to force any remaining juice out of the lemon flesh.
- Place the marshmallows in a saucepan over low heat. Add the lemon juice and stir constantly to prevent sticking.
- When the marshmallows are melted, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the lemon Jell-O powder. Stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Place the Jell-O mixture in a bowl. Set the Jell-O in the refrigerator until the mixture is almost firm.
- Fold the softened whipped topping and the chopped drained lemon flesh into the Jell-O mixture. Stir until the ingredients are well mixed then pour into the pie shell.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator to set. Whip the cream. When the pie is set, cover the top with whipped cream. Any leftover pie filling can be spooned into individual dessert dishes.