Step by Step Instructions
1. Empty two cartons of lids on a flat surface. Separate the rings and the inserts. Set the inserts off to the side. They will not be needed for this project (but will be useful for a different project in the coming weeks!)
2. Cut a piece of twine approximately 24” long.
3. String the rings of the lids onto the twine all in the same direction. I found that only 22 rings are needed (there are 24 total between the two cartons). Again, make sure all of the rings are facing the same direction.
4. Once they are all on the twine, grab both ends of the twine and pull them together. This will force the rings in to a circular shape. Tie the rings at the center with a snug knot.
5. Adjust the rings until they are shaped correctly to form a pumpkin.
6. Use cinnamon sticks (about 3-4) or roll a small piece of burlap in the middle as a stem if you would like. You can also use a battery operated light on the inside of the rings for a nice fall glow!
Estimated Project Time: 15 minutes