Policy Effective: July 31, 2023
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sources: We may collect personal information from or about you in a variety of ways, including directly from you and your devices, from Third Party Services (as explained below), from our Members, from public sources, and from marketing partners, data brokers and other third party sources. Collection methods include: (a) from you directly such as from forms on our Websites; (b) from you when you visit a Member store or attend an event sponsored by us or a Member; (c) in connection with Product orders (including contact information, shipping information, e-mail address and payment card information); (d) from surveys; (e) when you submit an inquiry to us or request to receive additional information regarding Products and Services; (f) from contracts, service applications, subscription agreements, or other agreements or forms you fill out; (g) from your activities in connection with programs or promotions, including the Best RewardsSM loyalty program (“Best Rewards”); (h) from individuals and/or entities whom you have authorized to act on your behalf and/or to provide information about you; (i) from publicly available sources (where permissible by applicable law); or (j) from other communications with us, including calls, emails, chats, texts and social media posts. In order to use certain Services, you may be required to set up an account with us (an “Account”). The term Account includes any account you establish for the Best Rewards program. During the Account registration process, we may ask you for certain personal information to establish and use your Account. We may also collect information about you in connection with your transactions or interactions with us or any of our Members, affiliates or Service Providers (including chat service providers). We may combine the information you submit under your Account with other information that we may receive from you, from third parties, or with other public information.
Types: Collected personal information may include the following categories of data:
- Personal identifiers and characteristics (such as name, age, gender)
- Contact information (such as shipping address, email address, phone number)
- Financial information (such as payment details, billing address)
- Transaction data (such as products and services used, ordered or preferred, and information on interactions with our websites, offerings and Members)
- Demographic information (such as preferences)
- Location information (including precise location if enabled on your device)
- Inferences based on other collected information
Not all categories may be collected about every individual. You may at any time refuse to provide any personal information that we request, however this may limit your ability to access certain services, options or content.
2. PASSIVE COLLECTION OF TRACKING AND USAGE INFORMATION
Information may be collected related to your use of the Websites and Services, including data about the mobile devices and programs from which you access such offerings (“Usage Information”). Usage Information can include: (a) the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; (b) the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using; (c) the browser software and operating system you are using; (d) mobile device type, device operating system, device identifiers, and device settings, (e) country of origin and location (including precise location if enabled on your device or application); and (f) the address of the website from which you have arrived at our Website or Services. Usage Information may also relate to your interactions with our Websites and Services, including the date and time of access, the length of time spent, the pages or products accessed or videos viewed while visiting, links clicked, items viewed or placed in your cart, and number of visits. We may link Usage Information to personal information. Usage Information is collected to help us manage and administer our Services and systems; to improve the content of our Services and Products; to monitor and tailor our marketing activities; to customize and improve user experience; to store preferences; to measure the effectiveness of our advertising; and for security and fraud detection purposes. Usage Information is gathered using general detection and use of your internet protocol (IP) address, device identifiers or domain name and the following methods:
Usage Information may be collected through the use of software technology called tags or web beacons (a.k.a. pixel tags, tracking pixels or clear gifs) which are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that help us or Service Providers monitor website activity (such as when you view a web page, advertisement, or message that contains the web beacon) and better manage Services content and communications by informing us what content is effective and how it is used. Such technology may also be used for web analytics, processing, security and fraud detection purposes. These beacons (or other tracking technology) may also be included in or associated with e-mails or other communications that you receive from us (or our Service Providers) in order to help us track your response and interests and to deliver you relevant content and services. For Account holders we may link Usage Information gathered by beacons or other tracking technology to personal information.
When you use certain features of our Services, including store locator functionality, we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) that can be used to determine your location, and if enabled on your mobile device more precise geolocation information that is provided to us by your device.
3. USE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use and process your personal information for reasonable and legitimate business purposes, to perform and fulfill our contractual obligations to you, and to comply with legal obligations, including for the following purposes:
- Contacting you regarding business transactions and information related to the Products or Services you have ordered (for example, we use your order information to fulfill your order and send an order or shipping confirmation, as well as notify you of your order status);
- Providing our Products and Services to you (for example, if you provide us with personal information in order to place an order with us, we will use that information to process your payment, complete the sale and ship Product to you),
- Maintaining our business relationship and/or providing ongoing support to you;
- Informing you about our Products and Services and other promotional activities of Do it Best, its affiliates and Members with whom you have interacted;
- Administering the Best Rewards program (if you are a member of that program) as more specifically described when you enroll;
- Responding to your comments or requests for information;
- Using location information to assign you a home Member store and to customize certain functions of the Services, such as Product availability, pricing, local advertising, and the store locator feature.
- Contacting you regarding future opportunities and changes in our activities, products and services
- Customizing and optimizing our Services and customer experience;
- Enhancing the security of our network and information systems;
- Developing, enhancing, and improving our Services and Products;
- Administering and managing our relationship with you;
- Event planning and administration;
- Understanding and monitoring how people interact with our Website and Services;
- Monitoring and tracking our marketing activities and showing customized ads to you;
- Where necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of us or other users or customers;
- Complying with our obligations under applicable law, industry guidelines and internal policies;
- Enforcing any contracts that we enter into with you, or defending claims arising from such contracts;
- Where we are obligated, or permitted, to do so by applicable law, regulation or legal process, including disclosure to customs or other governmental authorities; or
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
4. PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES
When you purchase Products, participate in Services, request Product information or otherwise provide us with personal information, we and/or a Member with whom you interact may automatically place you on a list to receive promotional mailings and e-mails regarding special offers from Do it Best, such Member or their affiliates. If you do not wish to receive these messages from us, you can simply utilize the unsubscribe or opt-out method detailed in the message or contact Customer Care using the contact information specified below in Section 20. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages you may still receive emails relating to orders, earned rewards, administrative matters, or your Account. Please note that even after opting-out from receiving messages from us, you may continue to receive promotional messages from a Member with whom you have interacted or placed an order and you would need to separately opt-out using the methods detailed in any message from such Member.
5. MEMBERS AND MEMBER WEBSITES
Do it Best is not responsible for (and shall not be liable for) for the privacy practices or policies of its Members. By accessing and using Hosted Member Services or placing a Ship-to-Store Order you consent to the transfer to and processing and use of your personal information and related Usage Information by the applicable Member for its own purposes.
6. BEST REWARDSSM PROGRAM
7. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information among our corporate affiliates;
- We may share your personal information with a Member with whom you interact, including by placing a Ship-to-Store Order or an order via Hosted Member Services as more fully described in Section 5;
- If you are a member of Best Rewards program, we may share your personal information with Members as more fully described in Section 6;
- We may share your personal information with a Member in order to facilitate shipping, delivery, repair, return, or other services related to our Products or Services and to conduct marketing activities.
- We may share your personal information with third party companies that perform services on our behalf, such as delivery and logistics companies, marketing companies, Payment Processors, chat service providers, and website hosting and other IT infrastructure providers, (collectively, “Service Providers”), including providers assisting us for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes.
- We may share your personal information with Third Party Services as provided in Section 8.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties whom you have authorized in connection with Products and Services we provide to you.
- We may disclose your personal information as required (or requested by law enforcement) and permitted by law or regulation, including in response to a subpoena or to respond to an emergency situation.
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- In the event Do it Best or its affiliates or their assets are sold, merged or otherwise involved in a corporate transaction, your personal information will likely be transferred as part of that transaction – we reserve to right to transfer your personal information without your consent in such a situation; provided that we will make reasonable efforts to see that your privacy preferences are honored by the transferee.
Outside of the situations above, we do not share or sell your personal information with third parties unless you have specifically requested that information be released to them or have otherwise consented to such sharing (such as in the case of sharing with Members in connection with Member Hosted Services, Ship-to-Store Orders, and Best Rewards participation).
8. INTERACTION WITH THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS
Third Party Analytics
Social Media Functionality
You can obtain information about the information collection practices of Third Party Services and opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) at www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may also be able to opt out of or customize your participation in third party ad networks by visiting www.youronlinechoices.com/ or by clicking the “Ad Choices” icon that appears in an ad you are served. Please note that some Third Party Services may not participate in these opt-out mechanisms.
The following platforms also provide information and offer opt-out features that let you opt out of their use of your information for interest-based advertising purposes:
- Google®: Learn how Google uses data at policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. Manage preferences at adssettings.google.com.
- Facebook®: Learn how Facebook uses data at www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation. Manage preferences at www.facebook.com/about/ads.
Note that because most opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use. Your mobile device settings may also provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for targeted online advertising purposes. Even after using opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
9. USE OF NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
We may anonymize, pseudonymize, aggregate or de-personalize personal information and/or Usage Information to create non-personally identifiable information (“Anonymized Data”). We reserve the right to freely disclose and use Anonymized Data and other non-personally-identifying information for industry analysis, statistical purposes, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes. We may share Anonymized Data with Members, Service Providers, vendors, advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties.
10. PAYMENT PROCESSING
11. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS – CCPA NOTICE
If you are a resident in the State of California, USA, the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act) and corresponding regulations (“CCPA”) and other California statutes may apply to the personal information that you provide to us through our Websites or Services or otherwise through your interaction with us. California residents can find additional information and disclosures required under California law in our California Privacy Statement here.
12. DO NOT TRACK
We do not currently employ a process for responding to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers, mobile devices, or other mechanisms. As noted above in Section 8, Third Party Services (such as Analytics Services, AdTech Services, and social media platforms) may be able to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Websites or Services. These entities may use this information to show you tailored ads and content, including ads from us and our Members. You may be able to opt out of or customize such tracking as further detailed above in Section 8.
We use appropriate security measures consistent with industry practice to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information in our possession or under our control. While we use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your information, we cannot guarantee that data will always remain secure due to transmission errors, outside events, third party hacking or other causes. We will comply with all applicable privacy laws and make any legally required disclosures regarding breaches of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of personal information consistent with our ability to determine the scope of a breach and our obligations to law enforcement.
14. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Do it Best is a U.S. company. All personal information that you provide to us in connection the Websites and services will be processed and maintained by us on servers in the United States, and it may also be transferred by us to Service Providers within the United States or elsewhere. By accessing and using the Websites or Services, you consent to such transfer of your personal information.
15. DISCLAIMER REGARDING VIDEO CONTENT
16. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
17. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may review, update, correct or delete certain personal information associated with your Account by logging into your online Account. You can also update, correct or delete certain personal information by contacting Customer Care using the contact information specified below in Section 20. We will comply with applicable law in responding to such requests.
18. POLICIES FOR CHILDREN
Do it Best does not sell Products ordered through our Services directly to anyone who we know to be under the age of 18, including children under the age of 16. Persons under 18 years old are not allowed to register for Accounts. Do it Best does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from persons under 13 years of age. No information should be submitted to the Website or Services by anyone under 13 years of age.
19. LINKED SITES
20. CUSTOMER CARE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Please click here for information on how to contact us.
Do it Best Corp.
1626 Broadway Suite 100
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Privacy Administrator - Ecommerce